Tuesday, March 5, 2013

HEBREW VERB TABLES by Asher Tarmon & Ezri Uval: A Guest Review by Robert John Huffine


As an everyday student of Hebrew Language and Grammar, I use this constantly and have referenced it thousands of times. However, there are two problems with it, one of which for myself and BY myself, has been corrected. This first problem is that NONE of the Verb Tables at the top give you the English definition for the Verb being conjugated. Using the book itself and being very careful to not get it wrong, I referenced each Root and wrote it's corresponding English Verb, penciling it in at the top of each of the 235 Tables. Yeah, I know, right? Tough job. It took me about 3 days to finish that neat little adventure, but was well worth it in my opinion. The next problem is a simple printing error at Table 36 in the Pa'al Section, "L'seyt=To Bear, To Carry, To Marry." In it's future tense, the SHE form is deleted (but is exactly the same as the HE form, future) and is replaced by the WE form. So instead of "Teesa'," you find "Neesa'." Otherwise, this is not that big of a deal: The former was deleted and was replaced by the latter. So that you'll also notice in that Table (36) that the WE form, future tense, is blank. Printing error.

No comments:

Post a Comment