Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Angel Para Bellum #1" by Kent Minami and Art by Nozomu Tamaki: A Guest Review by Robert John Huffine

 
A war between heaven and hell is brewing and only a young man named Mitsuru holds the key to prevent it. ... As a pretty liberal guy, I was shocked to find this Manga Comic that's geared to readers 16+ Years Of Age in a Bookstore smack-dab in the very center of Conservative Christian America: Springfield, Misery.
The "Angels" is this story are Hermaphrodites. Yeah, yeah, yeah; Let it go.
I just grabbed this right off the shelf, looking to copy some artwork-by-sight, for my own enjoyment. And knowing how I like to enjoy whatever it is I'm occupying myself with, I just have to say; "I enjoyed it." (laughing now)
Boy Howdy!
So for those of you who are a bit queasy with 'other material' that blurs the lines between Hetero and Homo, Sexuality, you might not want to read this.
I myself, as a Hack-Cartoonist, didn't really mind the images. It was really the Story that made me a tad un-easy. Wow! (Flex Comic Inc., Tokyo 2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment