Sunday, March 3, 2013

DO AS I SAY (NOT AS I DO): Profiles In Liberal Hypocrisy by Peter Schweiser: A Review

 
Do As I Say (Not As I Do) is a book written by author Peter Schweiser that details what he describes as the blatant "liberal hypocrisy" of such noted left-wingers like Ralph Nader, Nancy Pelosi, Barbra Streisand, Michael Moore, Al Franken (who, of course, wrote the earlier-reviewed the appropriately-titled Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot), the late Ted Kennedy and Bill & Hillary Clinton, among others. Among Peter's contentions are how noted lauded "leftie" author Noam Chomsky has accepted money from the very institutions he routinely criticizes like the Pentagon and/or Noam's fellow lauded "leftie" controversial documentary filmmaker Michael Moore's foundation owning stock in companies such as noted war-mongering Halliburton--whom Moore once denounced as being run by a bunch of "thugs" for their blatant war profiteering in places like Iraq and Afghanistan--even though he prominently stated in his book Stupid White Men (of which I intend to "review" at a later date) how, and I quote, "I don't own a single share of stock." While Peter might be admittedly splitting hairs somewhat on the Moore "stock" issue, this book is still an interesting read for those who detest hypocrisy of ANY political kind (like, of course, yours truly!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment